Phrase

"Do you ever go into a fight thinking 'There's no point giving my best, I'll get another chance later?' We only ever get one shot, Marlin. Life is one shot! Making it count is all that matters!" - Skold Greypelt, Lone Wolves - Graphic Novel, Dan Abnett & Karl Richardson

lunes, 6 de octubre de 2014

[ENG] Krom Dragongaze (Space Wolves)

Hello everyone, taking advantage of this #miniaturemonday at twtter, I want to present to you my last finished miniature: Krom Dragongaze, from the Space Wolves!





Well, the story of this mini is some kind of "peculiar" because I started painting it in the #2hrmini challenge that I saw via cadianshock (check out his page, is awesome!) with a lot of motivation. 

But well, I think it was too much for me, maybe I was too much motivated and I think I could finish it but the reality was that I was not been able to finish this miniature in 2 hours... Well, I felt a little sad because I fail but when I saw the results of that 2 hours I fell pride, well I don't have too much practice and I am not very "regular" painter but I give all my effort so, I continue painting the miniature and it took me about 4 hours (total) to finish it, along 4 different days. 

I see a lot of images of Krom's miniature and I tried to take all the parts I liked, also I give him my personal touch. It was very difficult for me to paint all that details and the inner part of the cape, for Russ! It was very hard and with all that "red" in many parts of the armor, I finally decided to give him some "sanguinary" style. 


Front-side


Left-side
The Company Emblem was also difficult, I definitely will change the yellow I have, is very difficult to use it. Is "Game Color" or something like that, even local brand (Ronin) feels better, I don't know if all yellows are the same but well, maybe need more experience painting is needed...

Back-side

Another problem was the hair. I tried to find an orange for his hair but the stores near my house didn't have it. Also I go for supermarkets but there, the oranges were too brilliant, like "post-it" one. So at the end, I finally ended mixing two reds I have with one yellow, a very brilliant one. It was hard but I feel OK with the result.


Right-side


Sorry for the quality of the pics, was cellphone but hope my wife help me with the session when I have more minis... hahahaha (Don't tell her, please!)

The Fierce Dragongaze!

Hope you like it!

No hay comentarios: